Disclaimer

Do your own due diligence first before investing. The writer will not be responsible for any capital loss as a result of reading this blog.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Time To Look For Companies Selling At 50% Below Valuation

Very massive panic selling this week. The Singapore stock market fell to a 52 week low. I think most companies now are selling close to valuation especially properties because sentiments were high last year.

I will be busy these few weeks applying for courses, ORD in 060208! Will also be looking out for companies selling at a huge discount. I have only one punch card this year and limited cash, cannot afford to make any mistakes. The stock must get me really excited, must be a leader in its own field and trading at 50% or more below my valuation. They must have very little debt and lots of cash in hand. Giving 4-5% dividends. Good future prospects not affected by US mortgage crisis. No losses in the previous 5 years of operation.

ChinaACorp taught me a valuable lesson. I still cannot control my emotions well. Greed climbed over my head. This is what I learnt, do not buy out of favor stocks when sentiments are high even though they are undervalued because when sentiments are low, the price will definitely drop even lower at an increasing rate. So far, I have lost 50% of my initial capital on ChinaACorp. Considering selling it at a loss, but not until I see their financial statements for 2007 first. All buy and sell decisions must be made according to valuation and not through gut feeling. Will sell it immediately if I find another stock that suits the above requirements.

Happy shorting!(sadistic remark haha)

No comments: